American Heritage 100 :: Fall 2006 [/\\] BYU

my student notes and resources from amh 100 at byu. i can make mistakes, so corrections are welcome.

use 'search this blog' above to search through my notes.

as an international student, i don't know much about american heritage either.

Oct 11, 2006

OUTLINE

Breaking with Britain
Day 2

Washington and the American Revolution

I. Popular conceptions of Washington and the
truth behind the myth
A. Washington and piety
B. Washington as 'God’s elect'
C. Washington and the Rule of Law
D. Washington and virtue
E. Washington and heroism
F. Washington and preparedness

II. Washington and the American Revolution
A. Fortifying the Heights of Dorchester
B. Retreating from Long Island
C. Trenton and Princeton
D. Holding the Army together

III. And afterward . . .
A. The Newburgh Conspiracy
B. Following the pattern of Cincinnatus
C. Holding the Country together



LECTURE NOTES

no notes, sorry

summary: George Washington was good guy, everybody likes him.



I wasn't able to make it to class this day, so I can't post any notes. However if someone would like to email me their notes so I can post them, you can do so, by emailing: [i made it so you can't select it so I don't get spam]

If you don't want me to post your notes, and you just want to email them to me to help me study, I'd appreciate that too, thanks.

Thanks a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home